One of the most common age-reversing procedures that women and men both seek out is the facelift. Known as a must among major Hollywood actresses and actors who are getting older, facelifts, as well as their smaller counterparts, brow lifts, work by getting rid of excess skin and tightening the skin around the face and brow. Before you make the decision to get either procedure, it’s crucial that you consider the following things, and discuss them with your surgeon.
- Choose the right surgeon. A bad surgeon, or even a cheap one, may not have the tools, skill, or knowledge to perform a good facelift. The end result of choosing a doctor who isn’t on point often is a facelift that leaves the person looking permanently surprised or cartoonishly plastic.
- What is your budget? In many cases, a person’s budget is a limiting factor that can leave them to make a difficult choice. In the case that you don’t have enough money to splurge on a reputable surgeon, you might be able to take out a medical loan or work with a specialized medical credit company. You also may be able to achieve similar effects by opting for a brow lift instead. It’s up to you to decide what’s best for your situation.
- Are you a good candidate for a facelift? This procedure is one that used to be very risky, but thanks to improvements in medical technology, it’s not the risk that it used to be. Even though risks lessened, it’s important to have a frank talk with your surgeon about the possibility of reacting to anesthetic or about issues that may arise post-surgery. In some rare cases, past surgeries may end up making the possibility of a facelift or brow lift a reckless choice that should not be done.
- What effect do you want to achieve through a facelift? More often than not, women just want their eyes or forehead to look more youthful. This can also be achieved through a simple brow lift. By telling your doctor what you want to see in the mirror, you will be able to see whether or not a full facelift is necessary. You may also be able to find out alternatives that may work better in some cases.
- Do you have time for downtime? Most surgical lifts will include a necessary amount of resting time before you can get back to normal. When planning out any plastic surgery procedure, it’s wise to make sure that you have enough time for both the surgery and the recovery to take place. Usually, up to a week may be needed for most procedures. Ask your surgeon to find out how much time you’ll need. Every procedure is unique!
A facelift or brow lift is not something to be taken lightly. Choosing the right doctor will make a huge difference in your experience as well as the overall results. If you’re unsure whether or not it’s the right move for you, give our office a call for an impartial, quick consultation.
By focusing on the needs of each client, Dr. Vitolo provides personalized care using the latest technology to improve the experience and leave every patient feeling confident and satisfied. For more information, or to schedule a patient consultation, call 800.332.1067 to speak with our friendly expert staff.